Tuesday 15 September 2015

Philips GC2046/20 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 110 g Steam Boost/ Ceramic Soleplate and Safety Auto-Off, 270 ml, 2200 Watt, Blue

Philips GC2046/20 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 110 g Steam Boost/ Ceramic Soleplate and Safety Auto-Off, 270 ml, 2200 Watt, Blue

  • Powerful Pressurised Steam Iron - produces 35g per minute of continuous steam and a powerful 110g steam boost to remove deep creases
  • Smart scale clean slider & reminder - takes less than 1 minute to descale for longer steam performance and lifetime
  • Safety Auto-Shut Off - The iron will switch off after 30 seconds if left on the soleplate or after 8 minutes if left on the heelrest.
  • Ceramic soleplate - durable, scratch resistant and glides easily on all fabrics
  • Vertical Steam - iron out creases in curtains or hanging clothes.

I seem to get through irons at the rate of least one per year. I only do my family's ironing, unlike my mum who takes in ironing too, but I don't seem to have much luck with irons. Therefore I have tried out many brands and different styles over the years.

This iron is by Phillips, a brand I have used many times and one I keep coming back to as one of my favourites.

It is a light iron, I used to think that I preferred heavier models but am now becoming a firm favourite of the lighter ones. It is easy to hold, fitting nicely into my hand, without the need to stretch fingers round the handle etc.

It heats up quickly and the temperature is easy to control with an accessible dial, however i did think that the maximum temperature was cooler than previous irons I have owned.

The soleplate is great - I have not managed to scratch it or leave dirty marks on it, like other irons I have used and it glides easily over all fabrics I have tried. It also irons well and no crease has beaten it so far!

The iron's power cord is not the longest I have seen on irons, it would benefit from being extended by 50cm.

The only other fault I could find was the water reservoir - it only holds 270ml of water, which I found to empty quickly - however I do do a large amount of ironing at one time and therefore maybe I need to buy a model with a larger reservoir. Also the reservoir has a cover over to stop spillages, which is a great asset, however I am right handed and I found the hinge on the cover to be awkward - I would prefer it to open the other way to make it easier to use a jug to fill it with. 

In summary, I would recommend this as a great iron for a student leaving home for the first time or for someone who does not have huge amounts of ironing to do, however for myself, as a busy mum, I would prefer an iron with a larger water reservoir and longer flex.

I received this iron, through the Amazon Vine Programme, in return for an honest review.

1 comment: